Sometimes old dogs need to learn new tricks, so I found one – an “afternoon delight,” or Dulce de Leche coffee.
This concoction could have put me in a diabetic coma, but I’d do it again if I had to. Here’s the ingredient list:
- Heavy whipping
Of course, any Irish Cream creamer can substitute the Kahlua if alcohol in the afternoon will interfere with plans for productivity.
When I first saw the lineup of ingredients, I decided to start with making the whipped cream because everything else moves pretty quickly.
1. Just pour about a half of a cup in a large mixing bowl and whisk until your arm is nearly paralyzed. Once the cream begins to thicken, add the sugar and whisk even more violently. This should take about seven minutes.
2. While the espresso (or coffee) is brewing, heat up your Dulce de Leche for about thirty seconds in the microwave.
3. Mix about 1 tbs. of Dulce de Leche with desired amount of coffee. This isn’t a science, though – if it’s too bitter, add more Dulce de Leche.
4. Then add the Kahlua (or Irish cream) – about 1 oz.
5. Top the drink with your freshly made whipped cream and sprinkle some chocolate powder on top. This beverage is coffee on steroids and is sure to please any crowd at a party.
Check out the slide show here.